Adirondack Council also backs proposed plan
While government leaders had already thrown their support behind the idea of a natural gas pipeline crossing Lake Champlain from Vermont to International Paper - Ticonderoga Mill, they received the backing of the largest environmental watchdog in the Adirondack Park.
Crown Point Supervisor Charles Harrington was presented with a petition from residents of his community wanting something to be done at the intersection of Route 185, the road leading to the Champlain Bridge between the two states, and Routes 9N/22.
Champlain Valley residents turned out in droves last week to honor veterans in Willsboro and Essex.
While nearly one-third of Essex County voters failed to fill in the propositions on their ballots on Election Day, Board of Elections brass says voter suppression is not to blame.
Local stakeholders are renewing calls for signage variances as state land master planning process moves forward.
Although they fell short of winning office in last week’s state and federal elections, Green Party officials say the best is yet to come.
Essex County Board of Elections gives lawmakers crash course in spoiled ballots as two local races hang in the balance.
New York's lawmakers are urged to override Gov. Cuomo's veto of a bill that helps veterans earn retirement benefits for time served in the military.
While the Congresswoman-elect scorched her Democratic opponent by 20 points, the GOP rock star failed to pull off a victory in Essex County.
Republican Elise Stefanik makes history in becoming the youngest woman elected to serve in the US House of Representatives.
With hours until Election Day, the three congressional hopefuls spent Saturday locking down support in Glens Falls.
Just days before next week's general election, GOP gubernatorial hopeful Rob Astorino touched down in Plattsburgh to rally the faithful.
Karen Bisso, Conservative challenger in New York’s 115th Assembly district, has filed a complaint alleging ethics violations against incumbent Janet Duprey (R, I).
Elise Stefanik, the Republican candidate for Congress, touched down in Elizabethtown on Wednesday morning to meet with local business owners.
With seven days until Election Day, the Woolf campaign is putting their boots to the pavement.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene