Matt Funiciello, the Green Party candidate for New York's 21st Congressional District of — who shook up politics in the Capital Region and lower Adirondacks by winning a historically large portion of the vote — testified before the NY Assembly days after he was helping boost membership in his state's party and setting the course for the organization in Warren County.
The Town of Westport has openings on both the Planning Board and the Zoning Board of Appeals.
Identifying high taxation as a longstanding problem in the state, Cuomo proposes a program that should return an average sum of $781 to 543,300 upstate homeowners and renters through an income tax credit.
Essex County lawmakers have approved a refresher course to bring staffers up to speed on federal privacy regulations.
Essex County Judge Richard Meyer announced last week that he will seek re-election in November.
The 18 members of the Essex County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to support and editorial written by the editorial board of this newspaper.
Beloved by upstate voters, U.S. Rep. Chris Gibson makes the surprise announcement that he's retiring from Congress — at least temporarily.
Lawmakers granted Essex County Board of Supervisors Chairman Randy Douglas and Vice Chair Bill Ferebee another year at the helm on Monday, Jan. 5.
Lakes to Locks Passage, based out of Crown Point, has received $153,000 to help support its geotourism initiative.
Representative-elect Elise Stefanik (R-NY) met with future constituents in Willsboro on Thursday, Dec. 18.
Albany agendas for North County officials include mandate relief, increased infrastructure funding and rollbacks of some of the state's most controversial policies
Essex County has passed a best value procurement law, a revision to state finance law that allows the county to look at additional factors when selecting how to award contracts.
Taxpayers to see 7.5 percent hike
Taxpayers will see a 7.5 percent tax levy increase in 2015 following an eleventh-hour session designed explore possible savings.
The Essex County Board of Supervisors has unanimously passed a resolution authorizing the county to acquire the Old County Infirmary Cemetery through eminent domain.
Proposed revisions to the Town of Essex Zoning Law are now posted on the Town’s web site (www.townofessex.us) under the section titled “Proposed Zoning and Planning.”
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene