Albany agendas for North County officials include mandate relief, increased infrastructure funding and rollbacks of some of the state's most controversial policies
Essex County has passed a best value procurement law, a revision to state finance law that allows the county to look at additional factors when selecting how to award contracts.
Taxpayers to see 7.5 percent hike
Taxpayers will see a 7.5 percent tax levy increase in 2015 following an eleventh-hour session designed explore possible savings.
The Essex County Board of Supervisors has unanimously passed a resolution authorizing the county to acquire the Old County Infirmary Cemetery through eminent domain.
Proposed revisions to the Town of Essex Zoning Law are now posted on the Town’s web site (www.townofessex.us) under the section titled “Proposed Zoning and Planning.”
Silence greeted lawmakers at Monday's public hearing on Essex County's proposed 2015 budget.
Adirondack Council also backs proposed plan
While government leaders had already thrown their support behind the idea of a natural gas pipeline crossing Lake Champlain from Vermont to International Paper - Ticonderoga Mill, they received the backing of the largest environmental watchdog in the Adirondack Park.
Crown Point Supervisor Charles Harrington was presented with a petition from residents of his community wanting something to be done at the intersection of Route 185, the road leading to the Champlain Bridge between the two states, and Routes 9N/22.
Champlain Valley residents turned out in droves last week to honor veterans in Willsboro and Essex.
While nearly one-third of Essex County voters failed to fill in the propositions on their ballots on Election Day, Board of Elections brass says voter suppression is not to blame.
Local stakeholders are renewing calls for signage variances as state land master planning process moves forward.
Although they fell short of winning office in last week’s state and federal elections, Green Party officials say the best is yet to come.
Essex County Board of Elections gives lawmakers crash course in spoiled ballots as two local races hang in the balance.
New York's lawmakers are urged to override Gov. Cuomo's veto of a bill that helps veterans earn retirement benefits for time served in the military.
While the Congresswoman-elect scorched her Democratic opponent by 20 points, the GOP rock star failed to pull off a victory in Essex County.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene