These last two weeks of August, there are a few things left to do before the holiday.
On Saturday, Aug. 23, the North Country SPCA will hold its annual Antique and Tag Sale at the Whallonsburg Grange.
Good news (sort of) for ACAP Afterschool Program parents and kids—as of now, the Westport program will run through September, which is better than nothing for the 30 or so families in the community who rely on it.
The Book sale at the Keeseville Free Library is this week.
A real change in the weather making it feel more like fall.
Have you marked your calendars?
By nature, humans are foragers.
Frank Woolner wrote a book called “Grouse and Grouse Hunting” back in 1970.
This is response to your editorial, “Ebola makes its way to the U.S.” I was disturbed by the blatant inaccuracies in this editorial.
There is one thing we absolutely cannot understand: why has anyone had anything bad to say about the Ice Bucket Challenge?
In this congressional race, three candidates (maybe four) will be on the ballot.
On the Street
The crossbow will be a legal hunting tool this fall, and has really stirred up the hornets’ nest.
Your recent editorial about the expense of quarantining two American victims of Ebola virus was thought provoking.
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board