The Downtown Saranac Lake Committee announced today the release of a full online business and organization directory and a printed downtown map and directory brochure.
Teresa Sayward stood where she had once watched over her children and grandchildren as they played basketball in perhaps the most famed North Country gym, “the pit.” Now, she looked out over a carpeted gathering space with a small kitchen area, dinner tables and a stage for shows and events, all part of the transformation of the former Willsboro Central School building into the Champlain Valley Senior Community.
Members of the Essex County Finance Committee voted to draft a local law that would require residents of the county to pay a Highway Reuse Tax of $5 per year for passenger vehicles and $10 for commercial vehicles.
No one spoke against Essex County’s proposal to move last call at local bars from 4 to 3 a.m. during a public forum at the Old County Courthouse June 13.
The Board of Trustees of the Trudeau Institute has announced the election of its newest member, Julie A. North.
The Honeybee Community Fund has awarded annual grants to the following 27 applicants, covering Essex County from Wilmington to Witherbee.
More than 200 in attendance learned about ways to help protect the North Country environment during the 2013 Clean Energy Conference at the Lake Placid Convention Center June 5-7.
The New York State Department of State (NYSDOS) today announced the availability of federal grants intended to alleviate economic distress and create jobs in local municipalities within New York’s Northern Border Region.
Adirondack Research, LLC, a Saranac Lake-based ecological research firm, has been awarded a contract with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation to assist the Division of Lands and Forest’s Invasive Species Coordination Unit with the assessment and classification of non-native animals in New York State.
The annual celebration of all things Elizabethtown is set for Saturday, July 20.
Dennis Rosen, the Chairman of the New York State Liquor Authority, will be holding a public hearing on Thursday, June 13 at 6 p.m. to elicit comments on the question of whether the changes in closing hours as outlined in the resolution by the Essex County Board of Supervisors should be approved.
Joseph P. Shaw, President and CEO of Champlain National Bank recently announced the following staff assignments:
Members of the DPW Committee exchanged ideas for needed work on the Cornell Cooperative Extension Building in Westport during its May 20 meeting.
Students at Westport Central School spent a day on the town May 23 learning how to give back to their community.
Egglefield Bros. Ford in Elizabethtown is bringing Ford Motor Company’s Drive 4 UR Community program to the local community again this year, in an effort to raise up to $6,000 for Elizabethtown Community Hospital.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- What is OhSoLocal?
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council