The Adirondack Club and Resort (ACR) project has been cleared to move forward after the state’s highest court dismissed a motion filed by green groups.
The Whallonsburg Grange will host a Holiday Farmers’ Market and Food Pantry Fundraiser on Saturday, Dec. 20, from 1 to 4 p.m.
The Adirondack Common Ground Alliance (CGA) has released the updated Blueprint for the Blue Line, a set of legislative priorities for the Adirondack Park for 2015 and beyond.
Paul Smith’s College is installing a highly sustainable, state-of-the-art wood-pellet boiler system, which will heat its three academic buildings.
Town of Jay Supervisor Randall Douglas recently announced that the Town of Jay will be the recipient of a $200,000 Community Development Block Grant for repairs and improvements to the Community Center located in Au Sable Forks.
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo last week announced the launch of Community Solar NY, a new effort under the NY-Sun initiative to make implementing solar easier and more affordable for communities across the state.
SEFA applications now available
The United Way of the Adirondack Region, Inc serving Clinton, Essex and Franklin Counties is currently accepting applications from agencies and organizations wishing to become a partner agency of the United Way for fiscal year 2015.
New names for the four-hospital affiliation known as Fletcher Allen Partners, and its individual members, were made official last month in recognition that the partnership has become one organization focused on delivering academic medicine to the people of Vermont and northern New York more efficiently and as close to home as possible.
Proposed revisions to the Town of Essex Zoning Law are now posted on the Town’s web site (www.townofessex.us) under the section titled “Proposed Zoning and Planning.”
Chris Maron, Executive Director of Champlain Area Trails (CATS) was honored by the New York State Outdoor Education Association (NYSOEA) for outstanding environmental stewardship.
A Veterans Wall Memorial is to be built as part of the celebration of the Town’s Bicentennial July 4th weekend.
As part of International Credit Union Week (Oct. 12-18), Ticonderoga Federal Credit Union (TFCU) hosted a series of events to help generate civic involvement.
Bessboro Gift and Clothing Boutique owner Julianne Sherman was honored by receiving the Making A Difference Award by the Westport Chamber of Commerce at its annual meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2014, held at the Westport Heritage House.
Applications for vendors participating during the Saranac Lake Winter Carnival are now available online at saranaclakewintercarnival.com.
Adirondack Council also backs proposed plan
While government leaders had already thrown their support behind the idea of a natural gas pipeline crossing Lake Champlain from Vermont to International Paper - Ticonderoga Mill, they received the backing of the largest environmental watchdog in the Adirondack Park.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board