The strange saga of how a local businessman and civic fixture conned a trusting North Country community, one nickel at a time.
The Essex County Adirondack Garden Club is accepting applications for the Ellen Lea Paine Memorial Nature Fund.
The Au Sable Forks Revitalization Group, in partnership with the Town of Jay, announces an open meeting to explore the economic advantages and feasibility of forming an Artist/Artisan Co-operative, with a year round permanent storefront on Main Street in Au Sable Forks.
The Keene Valley Hose and Ladder Company No. 1 will open its doors to area residents on Saturday, April 25 so they can learn about what it takes to be a volunteer firefighter in their community as part of the fifth annual RecruitNY statewide initiative.
Registrations are now being accepted for the 21st Annual Craft Fair, sponsored by the Free and Accepted Masons, Saturday, July 18 and Sunday, July 19, at Marcy Airfield in Keene Valley.
Training and financial assistance is available to entrepreneurs, existing businesses and startups
Grant program will offer funding to eligible expanding or start up Microenterprise businesses, located in Essex County, the towns of Moriah, Crown Point and Ticonderoga.
Eight bridges are scheduled to be replaced in Keene over the next 18 months. Business owners are hopeful that work will be completed as quickly as possible.
The Adirondack Land Trust is delighted to announce that the F. M. Kirby Foundation has made a $2 million commitment to help fund perpetual care of working farms and forests under conservation easements.
The Essex Community Fund (ECF) is now accepting applications for 2015 grants.
The Whallonsburg Civic Association, which manages the Grange Hall in Whallonsburg, announced last week that it will merge operations with the Champlain Valley Film Society.
Ward Lumber is hosting a two-part seminar, Meat Bird 101 & 102, for anyone who is interested in raising meat birds.
Rachael Ray shared candid conversation, quips, and insights into celebrity life as as well as a few recipes during her 13th annual benefit show at Lake George High School recently — and the capacity audience was captivated.
Moriah Hydro has officially submitted an application to the feds for a massive hydroelectric project in the former Republic Steel mine, a milestone for the decades-long project.
Maple Brook Farm in Reber has been producing maple syrup for generations. As more upstarts move to the region, Maple Brook has been lending out their expertise.
The staff of a local automotive dealership is bestowed an elite award for their outstanding attention to customers' needs.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board