The Mountaineer, in partnership with Patagonia, Inc., made a $1,000 donation to The Nature Conservancy’s Adirondack Chapter to support the nonprofit organization’s work with state and local transportation agencies to upgrade bridges and culverts with structures that simulate natural stream conditions.
The Upper Jay Art Center is looking for a fairly large flat screen TV to use at the Recovery Lounge for our 10 year celebration event (A Kegger) Aug. 22.
Clinton County Treasurer Kimberly Davis has announced that Clinton County will hold a Real Property Tax Foreclosure Auction of approximately 50 properties on Wednesday, July 23 at the West Side Ballroom, located at 253 New York Road in Plattsburgh, NY.
Joanie Cunningham, of Schroon Lake has developed a new marketing internet based network to showcase the Adirondacks to the Northeast.
At a special press conference July 1, President and CEO Beth Hill announced the historic site brings in almost $9 million annually in economic impact, factoring in visitor spending from tourists; spending by Fort Ticonderoga in its daily operations; the indirect and induced impacts created by labor income as it flows into the regional economy; and tax revenue generated by that spending.
The town has reported the 2013 annual water quality reports for Water Districts 1 and 2 are available at the town hall.
The American Legion William Nolan Post 405, Willsboro, NY Honor Guard...
Residents and environmental watchdogs had NYCO officials and Adirondack Park Agency reps up against the ropes during a public hearing July 2 designed to discuss NYCO’s plans to expand mining operations at their facility in Lewis.
Ward Lumber has selected Cody Lawrence as the winner of this year’s Sidney J. Ward Sr. Memorial Scholarship.
Mountain Lake PBS (MLPBS) is trying to expand its programming to Warren and Washington counties.
Adirondack Medical Center has been named among the “100 Great Community Hospitals” in the nation by Becker’s Hospital Review for 2014.
As the town that serves as the Essex County seat grows closer to finalizing a plan to guide future development, a civic watchdog urges caution.
Having “many talents,” a “stand-out reputation” and “providing valuable insights” are just a few of the phrases used to describe the recipient of the 24th Award for Excellence in Library Service.Having “many talents,” a “stand-out reputation” and “providing valuable insights” are just a few of the phrases used to describe the recipient of the 24th Award for Excellence in Library Service.
The Honeybee Community Fund has awarded annual grants to the following 28 people, businesses, nonprofits, and community organizations in Essex County.
Volunteers are invited to join in forming a committee for the 100th anniversary of the Whallonsburg Grange Hall in 2015.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board