A fire destroyed a rental camp in the early morning hours of Nov. 15.
Photo by Andy Flynn.
Keene A fire destroyed a rental camp in the early morning hours of Nov. 15.
The cabin, on 150 Gristmill Road, was occupied by two renters and their dog when the fire started around 2:45 a.m.
Keene Town Supervisor Bill Ferebee said he arrived at the scene around 3:15 a.m.
“The couple and their dog were waiting in their car when I got there,” Ferebee said. “We brought them down to the community center to keep warm while they waited for the property owner to get there.”
Ferebee said the Brooklyn couple were examined by medical personnel but had not suffered any injuries.
Property owner Dave Griffith said the property is a total loss but the property was insured.
“It’s gone, there’s no place left,” Griffith said.
Griffith said the property was one of a few vacation rentals he owns in the area.